[Geomoose-users] How to implement an Atlas with several chapters

Josef Fürst josef.fuerst at boku.ac.at
Fri Dec 6 02:01:21 PST 2013

I am exploring options to implement a hydrological atlas over the Web. The atlas contains more than 100 thematic maps, organised in 10 chapters. Each of the maps is composed of up to approx. 10 layers, generally shapefiles (and some images). Originally, this atlas was published on CD-ROM, together with a ESRI Mapobjects LT based viewer software.

GeoMoose appears to be an attractive platform for implementing the atlas on the WWW at first sight, but I am not sure about the organisation of so many maps. I thought, multiple mapbooks could be a solution, but following the discussion on this list, this seems not to be a natural (and efficient) approach.

I would be grateful for all recommendations based on GeoMoose, but also on alternative products. I am hesitating to go down to tools like OpenLayers.

Regards,
Josef Fuerst