[Geomoose-users] strange problem with select

Jim Klassen klassen.js at gmail.com
Wed Jul 31 09:31:23 PDT 2013

The Select Features tool appears to be working how I would expect in the demo.

Select Features from Parcel.  Buffer Selection Shape 100ft. Using Features in No Layer.

Yellow is selected shapes, thick orange is the final query shape, purple/filled is the user drawn shape.

Order of operations is take the shape drawn by the user.  Buffer that shape by 100ft.  Using that buffered shape, preform an intersection against the Parcels layer.  Return the intersecting features from the Parcels layer.

If Using Features In is set, the order of operations is:  Take the shape drawn by the user,  buffer that shape by 100ft.  Using that buffered shape, preform an intersection against the "using" layer.  Use the results of the "using" layer to do an intersection search from the "From" layer.  (And it looks like intersects in this case is including touches, including if only at one point).

Maybe we should switch the order of the lines to put them in the order they are applied (buffer, using, from).