[Geomoose-users] Questions on using GeoServer with GeoMoose

Bistrais, Bob Bob.Bistrais at maine.gov
Tue Nov 19 13:29:37 PST 2013

I have been learning about OpenGeoSuite and GeoServer for eventual use in our WMS services and GeoMoose applications, but some questions have come up.

Most importantly- do we still need to run MapServer?  I know that the GM tools and functions are run on MapScript.  If we are serving the data through GeoServer do we still need MapServer to run the MapScript code?

I also noticed that I can't get my WMS layers to support query in GeoMoose.  These layers can be queried in QGIS, and I set queryable="true" in the mapbook.xml.   What else am I missing?