[Geomoose-users] Questions on using GeoServer with GeoMoose

Basques, Bob (CI-StPaul) bob.basques at ci.stpaul.mn.us
Tue Nov 19 13:54:51 PST 2013

Bob,

Regardless if whether you NEED to use Mapserver or not, you should consider keeping it available for GeoMoose simply as a method to upgrade MapServer to over time.  I suspect that MapServer upgrades will be more more tolerable with GeoMoose vs GeoServer.  Also keeping more than one version alive may be good for testing.

Just my thoughts on the subject.  BTW, we maintain multiple versions of MapServer behind the scenes here at the City which has been very beneficial over time.

Bobb