[Geomoose-users] Multiple Maps Configuration

Clinton Olsen clintono at emery.utah.gov
Wed Aug 27 13:51:47 PDT 2014

I added the mapserver_url param to the configuration section of my other
mapbook.

<param name="*mapserver_url*">*/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe*</param>

Updated the file line for the layer in the new mapbook, and it is working.
<map-source name="BOULDERS" type="mapserver"> <file>
*/ms4w/apps/geomoose2/maps/demo/boulders/boulders.map*</file>
<layer name="BOULDER" status="on"/> <param name="FORMAT"
value="image/png;bits=8"/> </map-source>

Thanks James & Bobb & List for your help.

On Wed, Aug 27, 2014 at 2:00 PM, James Klassen <klassen.js at gmail.com> wrote:

> Also be warned, while the HTML/JS code is perfectly fine with alternate
> mapbooks, the PHP services may still assume that getmapbook.php returns the
> one true mapbook.
> On Aug 27, 2014 2:57 PM, "James Klassen" <klassen.js at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> My guess is you probably need to set the mapserver_url parameter in your
>> mapbook.  Normally this is done by getmapbook.php which is bypassed when
>> you use mapbook=.
>>

>> http://docs.geomoose.org/2.6/docs/configuration.html?highlight=mapbook#mapserver-url
>> On Aug 27, 2014 11:14 AM, "Clinton Olsen" <clintono at emery.utah.gov>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I currently have a working geomoose map service using the default
>>> mapbook.  I need to display other maps with different layers than what is
>>> displayed on the default mapbook.  I found this link that
>>> talked about how to reference a different mapbook other than the
>>> original.
>>>
>>> http://docs.geomoose.org/2.6/docs/url_arguments.html
>>>
>>> geomoose.html?mapbook=../mapbooks/wms_only.xml
>>>
>>> In order for this to work I created the mapbooks folder under the htdocs
>>> folder, and placed a different mapbook under this folder.  The only problem
>>> with this setup is when I try to display the shapefile layer.  The geomoose
>>> template will display but the layer will not.
>>>
>>> The normal geomoose mapbook request for the layer starts with the first
>>> link below.
>>>
>>> http://<ipaddress>/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?
>>>
>>> The one I am getting when I try to use the other mapbook is below.
>>>
>>> http://<ipaddress>/geomoose2/FORMAT=image
>>>
>>> What steps am I missing in order to reference more than one mapbook in
>>> my geomoose template?  I have looked under the archives and on the geomoose
>>> site but I am unable to find what I need in order to get it working.
>>>  Thanks.
>>>
>>> Clinton Olsen
>>> IS/GIS Technician

*Please note my email address has changed to clintono at emery.utah.gov.