[Geomoose-users] OpenWebGIS

Eli Adam eadam at co.lincoln.or.us
Wed Dec 16 09:28:03 PST 2015

On Wed, Dec 16, 2015 at 8:53 AM, Brent Fraser <bfraser at geoanalytic.com> wrote:
> Hey Dan,
>
> Some of their features are intriguing:
>     View -> Timeline
>     Project -> Save/Load
>     About -> Game
>
> And
>     Edit -> Upload Shapefile
>
>     That last one is interesting as I had built some Python to take a
> shapefile and generate a GeoMoose-friendly Maperver .map file and snippets
> for Geomoose's mapbook.xml (when answering some support questions the person
> frequently sends me a shapefile and a plea for help).  But shipping the
> Python to users would just generate more support questions.   Maybe the
> answer is to host the Python (or the PHP equivalent) on the Geomoose.org
> site?

A QGIS extension that exports the same might be an option as well.

For users I support, the goal is to take 90% of the users to what they
need with GeoMoose.  The remaining 10% getting the higher effort to do
custom one-off projects for them, design some other process and
system, or install and train them in QGIS or ArcMap.  Trying to
shoehorn the last 10% into your all purpose tool takes way more than
10% of the effort and is not worth it.  Or at least that is my
approach.

Eli