[Geomoose-users] OpenWebGIS

James Klassen klassen.js at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 10:17:45 PST 2015

I did a Rails app years back that did this too.   Upload a shapefile and
dynamically generated a mapbook and mapfile.  The styling was all SLD and a
default style was generated based on the shapefile type but had to be hand
edited from there.
On Dec 16, 2015 12:15 PM, "Brent Fraser" <bfraser at geoanalytic.com> wrote:

> Eli,
>   I totally agree with your 90% approach to support.
>
>   Not too sure about the QGIS extension option.  I've used an existing
> plugin to generate map files and was not impressed.  It had some trivial
> bugs, but the main problem was the level of coding needed to replicate a
> QGIS project in a map file with all the coordinate systems and styling
> options (and mapserver versions!).
>
>   To some extent, I would have a similar problem with my Python code, but
> its main purpose is just to get the mapbook and template syntax right.
>
> Best Regards,
> Brent Fraser
>
> On 12/16/2015 10:28 AM, Eli Adam wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Dec 16, 2015 at 8:53 AM, Brent Fraser <bfraser at geoanalytic.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hey Dan,
>>>
>>> Some of their features are intriguing:
>>>      View -> Timeline
>>>      Project -> Save/Load
>>>      About -> Game
>>>
>>> And
>>>      Edit -> Upload Shapefile
>>>
>>>      That last one is interesting as I had built some Python to take a
>>> shapefile and generate a GeoMoose-friendly Maperver .map file and
>>> snippets
>>> for Geomoose's mapbook.xml (when answering some support questions the