[Geomoose-users] OpenWebGIS

Dan Little theduckylittle at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 08:20:01 PST 2015

Does anyone keep tabs on QGIS' Web Mapping tool? They were trying to
do some mapnik/WSGI thing a few years ago that I thought was somewhat
exciting.  Otherwise, working with QGIS could involve a few steps:

1. Parsing the QGIS project files (easy enough IIRC)
2. Collecting/normalizing the data.
3. making a mapbook.
4. generating mapfiles (probably the hard part for anything complex).

BrianF and I have discussed this idea quite a few times over the years
but have never been able to get enough funding/interest to really move
it forward.  Once people get over the basic threshold of learning
mapfiles they don't seem to be bothered much.