[Geomoose-users] General (wild) thought about a potential new capability in GeoMOOSE

Basques, Bob (CI-StPaul) bob.basques at ci.stpaul.mn.us
Mon Dec 21 07:58:54 PST 2015

So, someone here at the office pointed me at some Performance Management Dashboard apps online.

We’ve (I’ve) been working on usage statistic rendering and reporting of late for our GeoMOOSE installation so this was on my radar already, somewhat.

This one got me to thinking a little harder:  http://www.tib.wa.gov/TIBDashboard/

What about either integrating or adding a plugin to GeoMOOSE that would allow users to see analytics about the data they were looking at.  Sort of a quick view type of thing.  similar to GeoNetwork, but packaged a bit more tightly.  More metadata-ish in nature. Would probably require some sort of service node of some type if it needed to happen dynamically.  On the other hand, I’m sure there are ways to write a helper app that could package up the statistics periodically as a scripted process.

My initial interest would be in tracking Areas of  interest of users as well as frequency of use per layer.

Thoughts?

bobb