[Geomoose-users] configuring scaleLine.js

Brent Fraser bfraser at geoanalytic.com
Tue Jul 28 10:50:45 PDT 2015

Bob,

   As Jim points out, one approach is to use a mapserver layer to create
an empty map with just a scale bar.  Another approach is to look at
GeoMoose v2.4 and see where the scale_line object is used in the
JavaScript.  It basically just configures the OpenLayers scalebar.  The
advantage of this approach is that it can support the ground distance
instead of just the map distance by including

     if(CONFIGURATION.scale_line.enabled) {
         :            geodesic: true,

This difference can be significant depending on your map projection and
where your are mapping.