[Geomoose-users] possibility of a about a soil clipping tool?

TC Haddad tchaddad at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 09:02:49 PST 2016

What you're proposing would require that all your data that you wanted
reports from be stored in PostGIS in order for the analysis that you want
to happen. Years ago we made an in-house tool that worked like this using
Featureserver [1] maybe that would still be helpful? Our application didn't
include the COGO aspect, but that is an interesting addition.

Obviously this is a very handy idea for a tool (not at all specific to
soils). Our use case was planning for Marine Reserves, and the reports we
created were pulling data from a large number of data sets related to
physical environment, biological resources, and human uses (over 30 if I
recall). We built all our queries into a single template because we were
the only users, but I imagine that if something like this were to be used n
Geomoose, you would have to be more generic and provide a way for the user
to concatenate different templates for different data sets together into a
single report.

[1] http://featureserver.org/demo.html