[Geomoose-users] GeoMoose 3 - Speed

James Klassen klassen.js at gmail.com
Fri Jan 31 15:36:13 PST 2020

How are you loading the data in GeoMoose 3?  In GeoMoose 2 I'm guessing it
was via WMS.

Where are you seeing the bottleneck?  The web service or inside GeoMoose
proper?

Generally speaking...

If you are using WMS then load times should be similar.

If you are using WFS it might be faster or slower on initial load depending
on the amount of vector data transfered.  I think GeoMoose will pass a
bounding box to the WFS server so if you zoom in first it might help.  It
should be faster than GeoMoose 2 on interactions after initial data load.

GeoMoose 3 also supports using a WMS layer for display but a WFS later for
query.  That might help the initial load times.