[GeoNode-devel] Possible to use different map server?

Josua Stähli josh-talk at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 24 02:40:48 PDT 2016

Ok great. Thank you very much for all you answers!

Subject: Re: [GeoNode-devel] Possible to use different map server?
From: imajimatika at gmail.com
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2016 09:05:08 +0700
CC: josh-talk at hotmail.com; geonode-devel at lists.osgeo.org; tim at kartoza.com
To: pcorti at gmail.com

Hi All,
As Ariel said, we have been developing qgisserver app to make geonode able to work with QGIS Server. Currently, it’s working quite nice. You can see the result in geonode.kartoza.com.
Some notes;
I need to use leaflet for viewing the layer. But I have problem with django-leaflet module on Safari. Perhaps we need to use native leaflet instead. So, accessing the site from Chrome or Firefox is recommended. I think, for creating map, geonode is too attached with geoserver. I need to make proxy in the qgisserver app so that the request from GeoExt can be processed properly by qgis-server. By doing this, we only need to change OGC_SERVER configuration.We can add the QGIS Server as a remote one also. We just need to configure where is it. Currently, it still assumes in the same server. It still use shutil module to copy the file. We can replace it with paramiko, and all should be done.I am still working for the print map feature. It looks like attached to geoserver. It tries to accessing http://localhost:8080/geoserver/pdf/info.json. Currently, in the site above, I disabled the print map functionality, so it will still work properly.
I am quite new to geonode, let me know if I missed some functionalities.
Best regards

On Mar 24, 2016, at 5:52 AM, Paolo Corti <pcorti at gmail.com> wrote:Hi
what about adding the QGIS Server services as remote ones?