[GeoNode-users] site_index.html not being included

Francesco Bartoli xbartolone at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 07:34:05 PST 2015

Charles,

I confirm it's the recommended way. Trying to reproduce your issue.

Regards,

Francesco

> On Dec 22 2015, at 4:09 pm, Charles Cossé <ccosse at gmail.com> wrote:

> PS We are using geonode-project, yes.  So I think geonode-project's
site_index.html is being ignored for some reason when using geonode-project
with the new geonode release.

> We also tried the
[Dockerfile](https://github.com/GeoNode/geonode/blob/master/Dockerfile) for
comparison and I see there that the Dockerfile does not use geonode-project
(so no comparison possible).   Is geonode-project still the recommended way to
customize a geonode site?  It worked well with the last release candidate of
geonode, but not with the new geonode release.  Thanks in advance for more
help and suggestions,

<[ccosse at gmail.com](mailto:ccosse at gmail.com)> wrote:

>> Hi again, sorry for not being more clear.  All files are present but our
site_index.html is not being served.  Our modified front page worked well with
the last release candidate but with a fresh install of the new release
site_index.html is being ignored, which breaks our front page.  It can be
verified with just a string added to each of site_base and site_index.html and
noting that only the string from site_base.html shows up on the front page.
This is the conclusion we came to yesterday after much testing and checking.
I will triple check just in case.  Thank you,

>> -Charles

>> On Tue, Dec 22, 2015 at 4:32 AM, Francesco Bartoli
<[xbartolone at gmail.com](mailto:xbartolone at gmail.com)> wrote:

>>> Hi,

>>> The file is included in the version 2.4 of the repository:

>>> <https://github.com/GeoNode/geonode-
project/blob/master/project_name/templates/site_index.html>

>>> Did you run a fresh git clone for your project?

>>> Francesco

correctly but site_index is not.

compare in the geonode code base. Essentially you can use it as an extension
of the template index.html and customize geonode

<[ccosse at gmail.com](mailto:ccosse at gmail.com)> ha scritto:

> [...]
being included but site_base.html is.  Does anyone else see this happening?
Thanks,