[GeoNode-users] setting up for production

Arthur Abbott aabbott at seafortheng.ca
Wed May 25 13:05:30 PDT 2016

Hi.

I have geonode installed on ubuntu 14.04 using the apt-get quick
installation method on a machine on our local network.

We have since port forwarded through our main server to make geonode
visible to the outside world.  I used the geonode-updateip with the
realworld address.  I also set the proxy base url to our realworld
ip/geoserver.

I have two issues though:

1) for some reason, geonode is still looking at the internal address to
load both the legend symbology and thumbnails.  Where can I fix this?

2) If i attempt to view geonode from another machine on our network or on
the machine itself, I cannot see any of the data, as the links are all
looking for the external address.  I also cannot get to geoserver.  It's
looking for the external address as well.

I have tried re-running geonode-updateip with the realwork ip, but now I
get errors and I think they occur after the apache restart.  I see a
FailedRequestError.

Any thoughts on these issues?

Thanks,

Arthur

--
Arthur Abbott
GIS Technician

Seaforth Geosurveys Inc.
300 Prince Albert Rd., Suite 200
Dartmouth NS Canada B2Y 4J2
P: (902) 468-3579 ext. 232
F: (902) 468.6865

www.seaforthgeosurveys.com

Notice this communication, including any attachments, is confidential and
is intended only for the person or persons to whom it is addressed.  If you
have received this e-mail in error, any use, copying or distribution is
strictly unauthorizes and you should delete it and any attachments.  Please
also notify the sender by e-mail or telephone at 902-468-3579.  Thank you.