[GeoNode-users] Overwrite Core Model in geonode project

Toni Schönbuchner toni.schoenbuchner at csgis.de
Thu Feb 2 03:02:26 PST 2017

Dear Simone,

thanks for your fast reply! Would you kindly check if I understood your advise correctly and picked the right places?

> You have to define your own url, views etc.

The metadata page is managed in first instance of layers app.
layers/urls.py points to layers/views.py
layers/views.py uses layers/models.py
layers/model.py inherits from base/models.py

This means it could work like this:

copy apps: /base and /layers to /var/www/my_project
Routing views: change  my_project/layers/urls.py to use  my_project/layers/views.py
 https://github.com/GeoNode/geonode/blob/2.4.x/geonode/layers/urls.py#L30 <https://github.com/GeoNode/geonode/blob/2.4.x/geonode/layers/urls.py#L30>
models: change my_project/layers/views.py to use my_project/layers/models.py
https://github.com/GeoNode/geonode/blob/2.4.x/geonode/layers/views.py#L47 <https://github.com/GeoNode/geonode/blob/2.4.x/geonode/layers/views.py#L47>
change my_project/models.py to use my_project/base/models.py
https://github.com/GeoNode/geonode/blob/2.4.x/geonode/layers/models.py#L33 <https://github.com/GeoNode/geonode/blob/2.4.x/geonode/layers/models.py#L33>

Correct?

Thanks a lot,

Toni