[GeoNode-users] Help for migrate data from 2.4 to 2.6

Simone Dalmasso simone.dalmasso at gmail.com
Tue Jun 6 23:54:54 PDT 2017

Hi, geonode 2.6 ships migrations for 2.4 dbs. After having made a backup of
your 2.4 db, you can plug it into geonode 2.6 and launch $geonode migrate
--fake-initial, this will add new tables and migrate existing table adding
the new fields. Manual porting must be done for keywords as geonode 2.6 is
using a brand new table called Hierarchical keywords and the script does
not move them from the old to new table.

hope this helps