[GeoNode-users] how to make the local geonode accessible on the world wide web

Toni Schönbuchner toni.schoenbuchner at csgis.de
Mon Jun 26 08:08:40 PDT 2017

Dear Elisa,

yes it would be possible to make your local network accessible to the world
but this is not adviseable at all.

First you would need a static IP or use a dynamic IP service like duckdns to map
a domain to your always changing IP address (after that you could indeed advise
your local server and geonode to listen to it).

Next your upload will most likely not be strong enough to serve the content to all
clients outside and last to all abound, you would have to take care that nobody
accesses files in your lan (security issues).

To make a long story short. I can only advicse you to rent a server to host
your geonode installation. Depending where you live I would choose a provider
and start with a single VM. (If your´re not familiar with server managment maybe a
managed solution would be good).

Find here the technical requirements for geocode to run:
http://docs.geonode.org/en/master/tutorials/install_and_admin/quick_install.html#quick-installation <http://docs.geonode.org/en/master/tutorials/install_and_admin/quick_install.html#quick-installation>

Hope this helps a bit.

Cheers,

Toni

CSGIS