[GeoNode-users] Poor performance GeoNode

Ana Boljevic ana.boljevic at cedis.me
Wed Sep 6 23:54:43 PDT 2017

Hi Angelos and John,
Let me explain one more time, our performance issue. We have done fresh Geonode 2.6.2 installation (standard deployment), give VM 24GB RAM and 12 CPU. After installation, we have done:
1) Replace OpenJVM with OracleJVM
2) We've increased the JVM memory by adding into /etc/default/tomcat7
JAVA_OPTS="-Xmx12288M -Xms12288M -XX:MaxPermSize=1024M -XX:CompileCommand=exclude,net/sf/saxon/event/ReceivingContentHandler.startEvent"
3) Enable Native JAI and Native JAI ImageIO
4) Enable Tile caching into External PostgreSQL database

Additionally, we have tried the following:
1) In /etc/tomcat7/server.xml added maxThreads="50":

  <Connector port="8080" protocol="HTTP/1.1"
               connectionTimeout="20000"
               URIEncoding="UTF-8"
               redirectPort="8443" maxThreads="50"/>
2) In /etc/apache2/mods-enabled/mpm_event.conf

try to change conf parameters with no results:
<IfModule mpm_event_module>
        StartServers                     2
        MinSpareThreads          25
        MaxSpareThreads          75
        ThreadLimit                      64
        ThreadsPerChild          25
        MaxRequestWorkers         150
        MaxConnectionsPerChild   0
</IfModule>

Still, when 4-5 clients try to render maps, performance radically decrease and geonode become unresponsive.
Do you have any idea how to increse performance ?
Best regards,
Ana Boljevic
--