[GeoNode-users] Customizing Geonode (Installed via apt-get) from Geonode-project Dev (Installed via Python Virtualenv)

Dave Kennewell davekennewell at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 08:24:53 PDT 2018

Hi Julierme,

The missing maps and users suggests to me that geonode is now using a
different database. If it is still working, but just with no maps or users,
my guess is:

Prior to configuring geonode.conf, you would have been using the default
postgresql database that is installed with geonode via apt-get. This is
likely where your 6 maps & 2 users currently reside.

After configuring geonode.conf, you will likely be using
your_geonode_project.wsgi.py, which will point to
your_geonode_project.settings. This settings file will override the default
postgresql database with whatever you have in there (either in
your_geonode_project.settings or local_settings.py)

The next steps to "fix" this depends on which database you want to use
long-term?

Does this sound right or do you think it is something else?

regards
Dave