[GeoNode-users] GeoNode Blank tiles

Julierme Pinheiro juliermeopensourcedeveloper at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 13:04:45 PDT 2018

Dear users,

I am running GeoNode at 2.8.0 in Ubuntu VM 16.04 LTS. I am have GeoNode
installed according to [1].

I checked several times [2] and mainly [3] to change localhost to a
specific IP .

I have the IP in ALLOWED_HOST and PROXY_ALLOWED_HOST, SITEURL = 'http://IP',

GEOSERVER_LOCATION = os.getenv(
    'GEOSERVER_LOCATION', '{}/geoserver/'.format(SITEURL)
#    'GEOSERVER_LOCATION', 'http://168.22.15.00/geoserver/'
)

GEOSERVER_PUBLIC_LOCATION = os.getenv(
    'GEOSERVER_PUBLIC_LOCATION', '{}/geoserver/'.format(SITEURL)
#    'GEOSERVER_PUBLIC_LOCATION', 'http://168.22.15.00/geoserver/'
)

All layers being uploaded are displaying blank tiles, because the are
making reference to
http://localhost:8080/geoserver/ows?access_token.

I checked [3] and the configuration is compliant to:
<accessTokenUri>http://168.22.15.00/o/token/</accessTokenUri>

  <!-- GeoNode userAuthorizationUri -->
  <userAuthorizationUri>http://168.22.15.00/o/authorize/
</userAuthorizationUri>

  <!-- GeoServer Public URL -->
  <redirectUri>http://168.22.15.00/geoserver/</redirectUri>

  <!-- GeoNode checkTokenEndpointUrl -->
  <checkTokenEndpointUrl>http://168.22.15.00/api/o/v4/tokeninfo/
</checkTokenEndpointUrl>

  <!-- GeoNode logoutUri -->
  <logoutUri>http://168.22.15.00/account/logout/</logoutUri>

The problem is related to host localhost in the request
http://localhost:8080/geoserver/ows. I realized that when I copy the
variables GEOSERVER_LOCATION, GEOSERVER_PUBLIC_LOCATION,
OGC_SERVER_DEFAULT_USER, OGC_SERVER_DEFAULT_PASSWORD, and OGC_SERVER, from
local_settings.py to settings.py the problem is solved. <localhost> is
changed to <168.22.15.00> and fine.

I realized that there is an issue with the local_settings.py. It seems that
the variables in local_settings.py have not been retrieved. Besides that,
if I change wsgi.py to os.environ.setdefault("DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULE",
"my_geonode.local_settings"), apache2 won't start, the error.log tells that
the problem is related to local_settings.py variables. My attempt was to
comment the variable being indicated by the error.log, but it keeps
indicating the issue with another variable and goes on and on.

My conclusions:

1 - The blank tiles issue can be solved by copying  GEOSERVER_LOCATION,
GEOSERVER_PUBLIC_LOCATION,  OGC_SERVER_DEFAULT_USER,
OGC_SERVER_DEFAULT_PASSWORD, and OGC_SERVER, from local_settings.py to
settings.py, but doing that it opens another issue, the upload layer
process gets broken.

2 - Because copying some variables from local_settings.py to settings.py
partially solves a problem and also because changing wsgi.py to "
my_geonode.local_settings.py" apache won't start, tells me that there is
something wrong with local_settings.py file.

Could someone give me a hint or point me something to check what is going
on?

Thank you very much for your time

Kind regards

Julierme