[GeoNode-users] Geonode Install on Ubuntu 18.04

Toni Schönbuchner toni.schoenbuchner at csgis.de
Sun Dec 2 00:45:12 PST 2018

Hi Jose,

> I'm not sure if the last part, when it says that found another file, is because I have already runing this command, although the error that I send in my first email happen the first time I run the command.

This could be as you already run it before.
Coming back to you error before:

> django.db.utils.ProgrammingError: relation "django_site" does not exist

My guess, geonode.settings is using the local sqlite development.db database:
https://github.com/GeoNode/geonode/blob/master/geonode/settings.py#L104

Here migration have been applied and site is correctly setup. local_settings is using
postgresql and the migration are missing there .

Can you check
./manage.py migrate sites --settings=geonode.local_settings
./manage.py migrate --settings=geonode.local_settings

> I can access http://my_ip/geoserver <http://my_ip/geoserver> site just fine, but I cannot access http://my_ip <http://my_ip/> as it shows a "500 Internal Server Error"

The error 500 looks like ALLOWED_HOSTS setting is missing your IP.
https://github.com/GeoNode/geonode/blob/master/geonode/local_settings.py.geoserver.sample#L52

My guess it´s geonode.settings which is still in use. This because of either wsgi.py pointing to settings or a missconfigured vhost (see below).

> I do have a doubt with this line:
>
> GEONODE_SRC_PATH="\/my\/opt_path"; sudo sed -i -e "s/\/home\/geo/$GEONODE_SRC_PATH/g" /etc/apache2/sites-available/geonode.conf
>
> I know my/opth_path is where I deploy my geonode but the /home/geo will alway be the same? Or that directory also depends on my local installation?

the sed is /OLD-TEXT/NEW-TEXT/
means it´s using the var GEONODE_SRC_PATH as replacement for /home/geo.
In other words after that /home/geo should be repaced everywhere with /my/opt/
in /etc/apache2/sites/available/geonode.conf

If /home/geoportal is in your case the root for your geonode (?) the correct command should be

$ GEONODE_SRC_PATH="\/home\/geoportal/"; sudo sed -i -e "s/\/home\/geo/$GEONODE_SRC_PATH/g" /etc/apache2/sites-available/geonode.conf

# should not find anything
$ grep "home/geo" /etc/apache2/sites-available/geonode.conf

# check your config
$ less /etc/apache2/sites-available/geonode.conf
$ apachectl configtest
$ sudo service apache2 restart

Let me know if this works for you.

Cheers,