[GeoNode-users] Improvements at geocode 2.6.1 at OSGeo-Live 11.0

Angelos Tzotsos gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 04:00:10 PST 2018

Hi Toni,

The OSGeoLive packaging is a bit different than the one we use upstream
due to the fact that OSGeoLive needs to work with a vanila GeoServer setup.
I have started adding the GeoServer extensions (which would enable the
oauth support) but did not make it on time for the 11.0 release. I hope
this year we can fix this for the 12.0 release in August.

The tickets for OSGeoLive project can be found here:
https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeolive/report/10

https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeolive/ticket/1219

Regards,
Angelos

On 01/23/2018 06:07 PM, Toni Schönbuchner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I´ve just installed OSGeo-Live 11.0 in virtualbox to have a look at geonode.
> It seems there some things which can be improved here:
>
> _ when creating a new map the user gets an error message saying „/geoserver/pdf/info.json“ cannot be found
> (something wrong with the print plugin)
> _ by creating a map with some demodata (from OSGeo-Live) like “Spearfish archeological sites“ or “mosaic“ geotiff
>   the thumbnail generation fails. The Browser shows a broken image (a placeholder would be nice for such cases)
> _ geonode does not use oauth2 with geoserver which would be nice for presentation
> _ geoserver does not autologin the admin user
>
> If you agree on improvements, where is the right place to file issues to? (Github?)
>
> Regards,
>
> Toni Schönbuchner

> CSGIS

> Kolonnadenstraße 1
> 04109 Leipzig
> Mobil	+49/ (0) 176 6680 3198
> Tel 		+49/ (0) 341 24 04 738
> Fax 		+49/ (0) 341 24 04 73
> Web		http://csgis.de
>
> Hinweis gemäß § 33 BDSG
> Daten der Verfahrensbeteiligten werden gespeichert. Dieses Dokument ist ausschließlich für den
> Adressaten bestimmt. Der Inhalt der E-Mail ist vertraulich. Falls Sie diese E-Mail versehentlich
> erhalten haben, rufen Sie uns unter obiger Rufnummer umgehend an und löschen Sie diese Nachricht
> von Ihrem Computer. Jegliche Art von Reproduktionen, Verbreitung, Vervielfältigung, Veränderung,
> Verteilung und/oder Veröffentlichung dieser E-Mail ist verboten.

Angelos Tzotsos, PhD
Charter Member
Open Source Geospatial Foundation
http://users.ntua.gr/tzotsos