[GeoNode-users] Geoserver fails to startup using docker-compose

admire addloe at gmail.com
Thu May 17 01:55:04 PDT 2018

Hi

I have checked out geonode 2.8.0 source code and have been trying to get
my local environment running  using docker-compose but have been
unsuccessful.  Geonode starts up nicely but it seems Geoserver is not up
as I fail to upload layers.

I tried to bring up the services using docker-compose up -d and then
make sync

I have logged into the geoserver4geonode container and I cannot even run
a curl request.

curl -v -u admin:geoserver -XGET
http://localhost:8080/geoserver/rest/security/masterpw.xml

I get the error

://localhost:8080/geoserver/rest/security/masterpw.xmlmin:geoserver
-XGET   http:
Note: Unnecessary use of -X or --request, GET is already inferred.
*   Trying 127.0.0.1...
* TCP_NODELAY set
* Connected to localhost (127.0.0.1) port 8080 (#0)
* Server auth using Basic with user 'admin'
 > GET /geoserver/rest/security/masterpw.xml HTTP/1.1
 > Host: localhost:8080
 > Authorization: Basic YWRtaW46Z2Vvc2VydmVy
 > Accept: */*

< HTTP/1.1 404
< Date: Thu, 17 May 2018 08:52:01 GMT
<

I also have tailed the logs for geoserver4geonode container and see that
tomcat starts up without any problem.

Regards