[GeoNode-users] WMS GetCapabilities request takes too

Toni Schönbuchner toni.schoenbuchner at csgis.de
Fri Nov 23 06:42:38 PST 2018

Hi George,

a shot in the dark. can you try to add this rewrite in your geonode.conf (apache vhost)

RewriteEngine On
# http or https? Set the referer of your interested like /maps or /maps/new etc.
RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} http://[^/]+/maps/new
RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} "SERVICE=WMS&REQUEST=GetCapabilities&TILED=true&VERSION=1.1.1"
RewriteRule ^/geoserver/wms$ http://%{SERVER_NAME}/geoserver/wms?SERVICE=WMS&REQUEST=GetCapabilities&VERSION=1.1.1 [L,R]

and restart apache2.

We´ve remove the TILED parameter once to quickly solve a very long taking
request when creating new maps in GeoExplorer.

As already mentioned by Francesco. Tomcat/Apache logs will give more
insights.

Cheers,

Toni