[GeoNode-users] basic authentication with GeoNode 2.8, GeoServer 2.14 and GeoFence

Paolo Corti pcorti at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 12:15:32 PDT 2018

Dear list

This is most likely for Alessio, but maybe someone else in the list can help.

I am experiencing this in GeoNode 2.8 and GeoServer 2.14.

I would need to access GeoServer OGC endpoints with curl or owslib
using basic authentication. Unfortunately this doesn't look to work
anymore - while it was working on previous versions GeoNode/GeoServer.

This is a sample request I do:

curl -v -u user:password -XGET -H "Accept: text/xml"
http://myip/geoserver/geonode/layername/wms

I receive a 404.

Here is what I see in GeoServer log file: https://paste.ofcode.org/

When opening the same url in a web browser authenticated with GeoNode
I don't get the 404.

Any hint here? Thanks in advance!

Paolo

--