[GeoNode-users] Fwd: GeoNode at 2.8.0 Ubuntu Installation Final Settings

Julierme Pinheiro juliermeopensourcedeveloper at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 07:02:33 PDT 2018

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Julierme Pinheiro <juliermeopensourcedeveloper at gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Sep 4, 2018 at 11:01 AM
Subject: GeoNode at 2.8.0 Ubuntu Installation Final Settings
To: Toni Schönbuchner <toni.schoenbuchner at csgis.de>

Dear all,

 I have spent some weeks trying to figure out an issue related to GeoNode
configuration. I almost through the whole installation  of GeoNode
following the guide available in [1]. However, after tweaking through
settings.py and local_settings.py, I could not get it solved, and I wonder
if someone has faced something similar and could give me a hint. Here we go:

1 - Issues regarding GeoNode at 2.8.0 in a Ubuntu at 16.04LTS VM

1.1 - Blank/pink Tiles

If I keep the settings.py config bellow, I can upload data to GeoNode site.
But I will get blank tiles for the layers. And the reason I get them it is
because the tiles make reference to localhost.

GEOSERVER_LOCATION = os.getenv(
    'GEOSERVER_LOCATION', '{}/geoserver/'.format(SITEURL)
#    'GEOSERVER_LOCATION', 'http://172.21.14.45/geoserver/'
)

GEOSERVER_PUBLIC_LOCATION = os.getenv(
    'GEOSERVER_PUBLIC_LOCATION', '{}/geoserver/'.format(SITEURL)
#    'GEOSERVER_PUBLIC_LOCATION', 'http://172.21.14.45/geoserver/'
)

OGC_SERVER_DEFAULT_USER = os.getenv(
    'GEOSERVER_ADMIN_USER', 'admin'
)

OGC_SERVER_DEFAULT_PASSWORD = os.getenv(
    'GEOSERVER_ADMIN_PASSWORD', 'geoserver'
)

## OGC (WMS/WFS/WCS) Server Settings
OGC_SERVER = {
    'default': {
        'BACKEND': 'geonode.geoserver',
        'LOCATION': GEOSERVER_LOCATION,
        'LOGIN_ENDPOINT': 'j_spring_oauth2_geonode_login',
        'LOGOUT_ENDPOINT': 'j_spring_oauth2_geonode_logout',
        'PUBLIC_LOCATION': GEOSERVER_PUBLIC_LOCATION,
        'USER': OGC_SERVER_DEFAULT_USER,
        'PASSWORD': OGC_SERVER_DEFAULT_PASSWORD,
        'MAPFISH_PRINT_ENABLED': True,
        'PRINT_NG_ENABLED': True,
        'GEONODE_SECURITY_ENABLED': True,
        'GEOFENCE_SECURITY_ENABLED': True,
        'GEOGIG_ENABLED': False,
        'WMST_ENABLED': False,
        'BACKEND_WRITE_ENABLED': True,
        'WPS_ENABLED': False,
        'LOG_FILE': '%s/geoserver/data/logs/geoserver.log' %
os.path.abspath(os.path.join(PROJECT_ROOT, os.pardir)),
        # Set to dictionary identifier of database containing spatial data
in
        # DATABASES dictionary to enable
        'DATASTORE': 'datastore',
        'PG_GEOGIG': False,
        'TIMEOUT': 30  # number of seconds to allow for HTTP requests
    }
}

If I make a copy of this config above to local_settings.py, the blank/pink
tiles are gone and everything works, except, I won't be able to upload any
data again. And the reason the blank/pink tiles are gone is because GeoNode
retrieves the SITEURL: http://172.21.14.45. But there is an issue here
keeping GeoServer Location, GeoServer Public Location and OGC_SERVER config
in both settings.py and local_settings.py, I won't get to upload data
anymore. If I try to upload data, the response is: NAME

Note: 172.21.14.45 is in ALLOWED and PROXY Hosts

1.2 - Regarding egarding wsgi.py

I see that it is ok to use local_settings.py in the wsgi.py file, but I
wonder why my GeoNode won't start up when I change from:
os.environ.setdefault("DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULE", "my_geonode.settings")
to:
os.environ.setdefault("DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULE", "my_geonode.local_settings")

Note: This is just a question, not an issue.

[1]
http://docs.geonode.org/en/master/tutorials/install_and_admin/geonode_install/

Any hint on that will be very appreciated

Kind regards

Julierme