[GeoNode-users] Unable to start geoserver after installation.

Amedeo Fadini amefad at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 07:45:57 PDT 2018

Il giorno gio 6 set 2018 alle ore 14:26 Alessio Fabiani <
alessio.fabiani at geo-solutions.it> ha scritto:

> Hi Amedeo,
> are you using WARs from here http://build.geonode.org/geoserver/latest/ ?

Yes, tested with 2.12, 2.13, 2.14

> Also, it would be possible to have a look at the full log? Possibly the
> geoserver.log one. Listeners failed to start are a side effect of the
> shutdown. The real cause should be somewhere else.
>
> I'm not able to find geoserver.log in any place of the filesystem...in
/etc/default/tomcat8 these options are loaded:

GEOSERVER_DATA_DIR="/home/geonode/data/geoserver-data"
GEOSERVER_LOG_LOCATION="/home/geonode/data/geoserver-logs/geoserver.log"
GEOWEBCACHE_CACHE_DIR="/home/geonode/data/gwc_cache_dir"
GEOFENCE_DIR="$GEOSERVER_DATA_DIR/geofence"

UPDATE: I've just realized that wrong path were specified in
$GEOSERVER_DATA_DIR/logging.xml : FIXED

Attached full catalina.out and geoserver.log (I see a UTC time in goserver
log and local time in catalina.out.. mumble..)