[GeoNode-users] Uploading Shapefile(Polygon features) - Displaying as Point in GeoNode Map/layer View

Naresh N naresh919 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 24 01:32:16 PDT 2019

Dear Simone/All

Kindly help to resolve the issue '*Uploading Shapefile of type polygon/line
in GeoNode 2.4  showing as Point Layer in Map/ Viewer section'*

Uploaded Shapefile type of polygon/line though GeoNode Interface, it is
displaying features as points.  I could able to understand by debugging the
flow of the code, GeoServer(2.7.4) *assigning default point SLD *for
uploaded shapefile of type polygon/line.
Please find the attached screenshot of GeoServer embedded in GeoNode.  It
shows *the_geom* type as* Geometry  *instead of showing* as
Multipolygon/MultiLine.*

*Please help us to find which is the code responsible in GeoServer/GeoNode
decides the_geom type?*

Please let me know any other information required further to understand the
issue

Note:1.* For testing  I have used higher version of GeoServer(2.13.1)  and
uploaded shapefile , then the_geom type is showing as expected based on
uploaded Shpefile type as ** Multipolygon/MultiLine and found no issues. I
think it is issue of GeoServer 2.7.4 and PostgresQL 10/PostGIS 2.5.2*
*         2. Deployed System Details of GeoNode 2.4*
*              RHEL 7.2, 64 bit*
*              PostgresQL: 10.0*
*              PostGIS: 2.5.2*
*              GeoServer : 2.7.4  ( the geoserver.war file which is
packaged with GeoNode is used)*

*Thanks&Regards,*
*Naresh.N*