[GeoNode-users] Configure PostGIS Database over IP or Domain

Jose Cáceres jose.atyus at gmail.com
Mon May 11 12:50:27 PDT 2020

Hi,

I've installed Geonode Core on a Ubuntu server using Docker by following
this instructions:
https://docs.geonode.org/en/master/install/core/index.html#docker

Right now, as default, the PostGIS database is running on localhost, but I
would like to access the layers on Geoserver through QGIS on my Desktop and
edit layers from there and push it back to Geoserver using my domain or the
local IP as the Database Host.

Si my question is if there is a way to define a environmental variable,
like DATABASE_HOST, on the docker composer file to override the localhost,
and where does that variable should be, over the django container variables
or over the db container.

This is how my docker file is configure right now:

version: '2.2'
services:

 django:
    build: .
    # autoreload on changes it is mounted on top of the
    # old copy that docker added when creating the image
    volumes:
      - '.:/usr/src/app'
    environment:
      - DEBUG=False