[GeoNode-users] Geonode Core installation cannot remove or replace layers

Andres Juarez albertoandres.juarez at gmail.com
Sun Sep 27 17:15:37 PDT 2020

Hi all
A few days ago I installed Geonode on Ubuntu by following these
instructions
https://docs.geonode.org/en/master/install/advanced/core/index.html#ubuntu-18-04
.
The only hurdle during installation was that I had to change
ipython version to 7.16.1
in requirements.txt and setup.cfg.

Everything works fine, except I can't delete layers in any way, from
geonode's interface the error it shows is
*Cannot delete layer: geonode: test.*

If I delete it first in geoserver and then from console with the command:
DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULE = geonode.local_settings python manage.py
updatelayers --remove-deleted
It only shows the error *[delete_failed] Layer test (1/1)*

When I try to replace a layer from geonode it also gives error, in this
case it shows:

*Client Error: Bad RequestSome error occurred while trying to access the
uploaded schema: Make sure the name is consistent with the file you are
trying to replace.*

Any suggestions where I can find more details of the error or how to fix it?

Thanks in advance!
Greetings
--
   Andrés Juarez