[GeoNode-users] Problem with geonode-mapstore-client plugin in production

Arayik Manukyan araik.manukyan at gmail.com
Tue Mar 26 06:06:46 PDT 2024

I successfully scaffolded a mapstore extension for a geonode project by
following the tutorial
<https://training.geonode.geosolutionsgroup.com/master/GN4/mapstore%5Fclient/005%5FEXTENSION.html>1.
The extension displays a message box when the map-viewer loads.

However, it only functions properly when the project is deployed locally
using the ./paver_dev.sh start command2, which utilizes the
.override_dev_env file and operates within the
/opt/geonode-project/my-project-name/src directory.
Problem

When attempting to deploy the project using the provided [instructions]9
https://training.geonode.geosolutionsgroup.com/master/GN4/090%5FGEONODE%5FPROJ%5FPROD.html),
I created the my-project-name.ini file for *uwsgi* and initiated the
project with the command uwsgi --ini /etc/apps-enabled/my-project-name.ini.

However, the extension did not load for the map-viewer.

The Geonode portal operated normally and even served the project's static
templates with customizations. Nevertheless, the map-viewer failed to
incorporate the *geonode-mapstore-client* extension.

Going forward with instructions
<https://training.geonode.geosolutionsgroup.com/master/GN4/090%5FGEONODE%5FPROJ%5FPROD.html>,
I've created my-project-name.ini file for the *uwsgi* and started a project
with uwsgi --ini /etc/apps-enabled/my-project-name.ini command.

However it didn't load my extension for the map-viewer.

Geonode portal was working as expected, even serving my project with it's
static templates customized. Only map-viewer didn't have it's
*geonode-mapstore-client* extension.
Prerequisites

   -

   Ubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
   -

   Geonode 4.2
   -

   Installed without Docker
   -

   Versions of Python, Nginx, Postgres, Geoserver, etc., as specified in
   the advanced installation guide
   <https://docs.geonode.org/en/4.2.x/install/advanced/index.html>

Footnotes

   1.

   Had to fix a few npm dev dependencies to achieve that
   (css-minimizer-webpack-plugin and react-redux) ↩
   2.

   or with ./manage_dev.sh runserver 0.0.0.0:8000 for that matter ↩