[Geoprisma-dev] MapFish-trunk in external

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Thu Nov 19 09:44:25 EST 2009

Alexandre Dube wrote:
> Yves Moisan wrote:
>>
>> I don't find it too annoying.  But it may well be we don't need all of
>> it.  I would leave the server there (in case).  We probably don't nee
>> the plugin dir.  I just thought I would gobble the whole thing in case
>> we needed it ??
>>
>> Yves
>>

> Is the current MapFish-Server included in GP ready to run as it is or do
> we need to "install" or "configure" it ?  My point is : if it's not, it
> shouldn't be part of the repository.  MF-Server should be a new
> Service-type some day, but we currently have no 'included' services,
> like MapServer, FeatureServer, Tilecache, etc... Do you see what I mean ?
>
> What do you think of it ?
>
> Thanks a lot for your time,

Another thing to consider is product licensing. Unless I am mistaken, MF
is licensed under one of the GPL licenses which is not compatible with
the GP license and you should probably not mix these two together or it
will change your license to GPL one.

See the COPYING COPYING.LESSER files:
http://www.mapfish.org/trac/mapfish/browser/framework/client/trunk

-Steve