[Geoprisma-dev] Where do we build the widget doc ?

Yves Moisan yves.moisan at boreal-is.com
Tue Nov 24 10:06:26 EST 2009

> >   $ cd $FGS_HOME
> >   $ . setenv.sh
> >
> >   (replace $FGS_HOME with your FGS path)
> >
> > OR you can do it automatically each time you log in by doing :
> >
> >   echo ". $FGS_HOME/setenv.sh" >> ~/.bashrc"

> I also do the former.  My point is : either way, if you use FGS, when
> you click the "build" button, it uses the FGS environment (which has no
> Sphinx),

This is the part I don't get.  I also am running FGS on my Ubuntu laptop
and the Build button works perfectly well, which means the environment
the build script runs in isn't FGS but the default Ubuntu python env.
If it's running in an FGS environment, then it means you have set it up
as a default environment.  IIRC at install time FGS asks if you want it
to be your default environment and it will write stuff in /etc/whatever
so maybe you have that set up by accident?

The other possibility is that you are not using FGS, but rather your
default Ubuntu env and that env has a Python for which there is no
Sphinx installed.  If you easy_installed on Python 2.5 and your Ubuntu
uses Python 2.6 by default, you'll also have a problem.

> so I guess I'll go with this solution (if it's not too
> complicated).

I would personally try to use the default Ubuntu env if you can.  FGS's
footprint is a bit bothersome IMO.  That's why I keep it on a "per
shell" basis.

HTH,

Yves