[Geoprisma-dev] QueryOnClick - Clear button

Yves Moisan yves.moisan at boreal-is.com
Thu Oct 29 14:12:24 EDT 2009

> > Do we have to click the "clear query results" button after every query
> > to prepare for the next ?  I hope not.
> >

> No.  It's already the case (results are automatically reseted on new
> queries)

Good !

> > As long as we do not have to manually clear the results before a new
> > query is made, I'm all for it.
> >
> > Eventually, it would be nice that the removal of the marker be triggered
> > upon selecting another tool in the toolbar, e.g. pan, zoom, etc.  That
> > would be the normal behaviour for me in any case.  But a manual clear is
> > fine for now.
> >

> It could be an option.  On widget "deactivate", reset "all" or reset
> "markerOnly".

In that case, do we need a button at all ?  Maybe just a "clear marker"
functionality should be added to queryonclick and called onDeactivate ?
That would take care of the main visual ill side-effect of our current
QueryOnClick.

Do results need to be force-cleared if they are in a panel or hidden in
a tab, since they are already cleared by a new query ?  Does anybody
really need a "reset all" (that is marker and results) ?  I for one do
not think so.

What do others think ?

Yves