[Geoprisma-dev] JSON responses in GeoPrisma

Alexandre Dube adube at mapgears.com
Tue Aug 10 11:36:26 EDT 2010

Hi devs,

   In the following ticket [1], I proposed to be able to query the
config using some of its methods.  The result should be returned in
JSON.  Before moving on, I think we should agree in a simple JSON
structure for the responses received and have a small JSON parser to
read it.

   For example, we could have responses like this  :

// sample 1 (when ok)
{
     'status': "ok",
     'response': { /*the json object returned by the query*/ }
}

// sample 2 (when not ok) :
{
     'status': "failure",
     'response': "the error message"
}

// sample 3 (or we could also have)
{
     'status': "failure",
     'response' : {},
     'error': "the error message"
}

// sample 4 (or also if ok and not)
{
     'status': "ok",
     'response' : {/*the json object returned by the query*/ },
     'message': "transaction successful"
}

{
     'status': "failure",
     'response' : {},
     'message': "the error message"
}

We could then have a small util .js file where we would define the
'readJSON' methods to read the results of our queries.

What do you think ?

[1] http://trac.osgeo.org/geoprisma/ticket/125

--
Alexandre Dubé