[Geoprisma-dev] 'core' files not included by default

Alexandre Dube adube at mapgears.com
Wed Aug 11 13:50:52 EDT 2010

Hi devs,

   As you may have already noticed a long time ago, you must set the
'widget_dir' and 'template_dir' parameters inside SettingImpl to let
GeoPrisma know where they are.  That's not the case for the 'core'
directory.  There is no method for this one.  So, all supposed GeoPrisma
'core' files must be manually included inside the template.xslt file
every time (see resultextgrid for a good example).

   That's pretty annoying.  Here's what I propose : include these files
inside Globals.xslt, in the printAllWidgetSources method.  In order to
do this, we must know the 'core' directory.  We could do :

   1) set the 'core' directory at the same time inside the
'setWidgetDir' method, knowing it's on the same 'level' and that it will
never move.  That should avoid to have to modify each common.php file to
add a new "setCoreDir" method call.
   2) or, we could say that there is no need to set the 'core' at all
since by using the 'widgets' location, we can assume where it is.  So we
would do a 'getWidgetDir' then back one dir then 'core'.

Any comments ?  Objections on including the core files inside Globals.xslt ?

--
Alexandre Dubé
Mapgears