[Geoprisma-dev] PHP OO to generate a mapfile

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Mon Jan 4 11:37:33 EST 2010

Happy New Year Everyone,

Over the holidays, I took a stab at generating OO PHP Classes that can
take a PHP hash array and turn it into a mapfile. It works quite well
but probably needs to additional refactoring. You can see the hash, the
mapfile and the map image here.

http://imaptools.com:8080/work/testMapfile2.php

I want to add a mapfile parser to read a mapfile and create the hash
and/or the object tree directly.

My thoughts behind this effort are that it might be useful for building
a tool that could be used as part of shapefile upload tool that would
also need to generate or modify a mapfile. While I am not using
mapscript and prefer not to to keep installation and configuration
simple, this could also be extended to pass the mapfile directly to
mapscript so you could provide realtime sample images of styling
changes. The current demo is using cgi mapserver.

Thoughts on this?
I think some of you have thought about a shapefile upload tool.

-Steve W