[Geoprisma-dev] New MF_OL_GeoEXT_except_lang.js

Alexandre Dube adube at mapgears.com
Tue Mar 9 15:28:10 EST 2010

Yves,

  I already had this exact same problem.  The following tickets fixed
this issue for me :
    http://trac.openlayers.org/ticket/2472
    https://trac.mapfish.org/trac/mapfish/ticket/554

  After these, building with MapFish building tool on my Linux platform
didn't make IE6 crash at all.  If it still did for you, have you tried
building from a Linux plateform ?

Alexandre

Yves Moisan wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Just a note to let you know that I've modified the release script to
> include a compressed version of OL + MF + GeoExt but without the OL
> language files (r803).  The issue appeared when we had to open GP in
> IE6 and for some reason IE6 has problems understanding the char
> encoding of the compressed lang files (but not of the original OL lang
> files !?).  So, for those of you who need to support folks on IE6,
> that may be useful.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Yves

Alexandre Dubé