[Geoprisma-dev] Time frame/estimate to implement these features

Julien-Samuel Lacroix jlacroix at mapgears.com
Tue Mar 9 15:29:41 EST 2010

Hi,

I'm not sure yet what are my priority for the next features. I guess it
will become more clear as time go. For other comments, see inline:

> 1) Feature and WMS filtering (http://trac.osgeo.org/geoprisma/ticket/38)

We've already discussed the syntax of the config file for that, but
behind the scene it's possible to do filtering on WMS with a SLD and te
Filter Encoding OGC Spec (supported by MapServer and GeoServer) and to
use FeatureServer query capabilities like you proposed.

For extent based Filtering it's trickier because we have to decide what
to do with request outside the bounds. My take is to drop all request
for something outside the filter or return an empty image.

> |2) QueryOnClick with HTML content
> (http://trac.osgeo.org/geoprisma/ticket/10)

I won't estimate this right away, but I think it would be good to detect
the type of response and fill a grid or open a popup/panel depending on
the type of result. Maybe it's dreaming...

My 2 cents
Julien

--
Julien-Samuel Lacroix