[Geoprisma-dev] Time frame/estimate to implement these features

Julien-Samuel Lacroix jlacroix at mapgears.com
Wed Mar 10 10:07:23 EST 2010

Hi,

Yves Moisan wrote:

>>> 1) Feature and WMS filtering (http://trac.osgeo.org/geoprisma/ticket/38)
>>
>> We've already discussed the syntax of the config file for that, but
>> behind the scene it's possible to do filtering on WMS with a SLD and
>> te Filter Encoding OGC Spec (supported by MapServer and GeoServer) and
>> to use FeatureServer query capabilities like you proposed.
> Thanx Julien,
>
> Can you outline what that means for GeoPrisma so I can estimate the
> time?  At one point we were thinking about a "style registry" of some
> sort (e.g. per user or per user roles) so maybe that would be an
> opportunity to implement that kind of thing ?

In short, This would mean to add a new node type in the config.xml
<filter> [1]. This node would contain expressions or BBox and would be
attached to a <resource>. From now, all call to this resource would go
through this filter on the server-side (proxy.php). If it's a WMS
request, the proxy would apply a WMS Filter Encoding on the request. If
it's a FeatureServer request, it would add the needed filter on the request.

Once this is done, you would need to assign the right resource to the
right roles to get filtered information. Does that make sense?

[1] http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/geoprisma-dev/2009-December/000579.html

Julien

--
Julien-Samuel Lacroix