[Geoprisma-dev] RFC - switch to Ext 3.2.1

Alexandre Dube adube at mapgears.com
Wed Sep 29 10:24:34 EDT 2010

Hi,

   The trunk version of GeoExt now uses Ext 3.2.x features, such as
Ext.slider.tip.  If you update your externals, you'll see that you'll
see new javascript errors occurring.  In the GeoExt-dev list, Andreas
Hocevar mentioned that GeoExt 1.0 (currently rc1) requires "Ext JS
(version 3.2 or higher recommended)".

   I propose to remove the current ext-3.0.0 lib we use and replace it
for ext-3.2.1.  Changing the ./samples/config.php "g_ex_ver_extjs"
config to ext-3.2.1 should do the trick of updating all samples to use
the new version (thanks Pascal for that brilliant feature).

   If we all agree, I would create the ticket and do what's required to
apply the change.  If by any bad luck we have some breaking features
occurring because of that change, they would need to be fixed in order
to work with 3.2.1 (each issue would have its own unique ticket with a
mention to the "switch to 3.2.1" ticket).

   I'll start with my +1.

--
Alexandre Dubé
Mapgears