[Geoprisma-users] Are any of these features available in GeoPrisma?

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Mon Dec 14 14:37:28 EST 2009

Hi all,

Making a list and checking it twice :)
Here are a list of features that I am not sure are available or not in
GeoPrisma. Simple yes/no is good, but any additional discussion is
welcome. I'm willing to write up tickets on any/all of these if people
feel they might be useful additions.

1. ACL for attribute columns

The use case for this is a city GIS department that has something like a
parcels table. Different users need to be managed with respect to the
parcels data.

a) the gis department - super user
b) the zoning department - needs to flag lots that are in zoning
violation, but probably does not need to see most of the tax data
c) the city inspector sees a lot with excessive weeds and grass they
need to be able to flag a column to order mowing. Or see a major pothole
and needs to flag its location on a street segment, so later repair
crews can be sent out which need to clear the flag after it is repaired.

In general, they each need to see and search on specific columns but
only have update access to some limited columns they have update ACL to.

2. Geometry editing features

2a. deleting points in an object. I assume this is part of OL feature
editing so it is available in GP.

2b. snapping geometry points to other pieces of geometry. I think there
was something in an OL sandbox at one point, but not sure if it ever
made it into trunk, let alone GP.

-Steve