[Geoprisma-users] FeaturePanel Questions and Observations

Alexandre Dube adube at mapgears.com
Thu Dec 17 08:38:42 EST 2009

Stephen Woodbridge wrote:
> 1) how to I change the width and height of the featurepanel window?
<windowoptions>
  <width>400</width>
  <height>500</height>
</windowoptions>

See in doc [1].  An other sample in the doc showing the use of that
option would be nice.  You can create a ticket for this.

> 2) What do I need to do if I want the featurepanel to appear in say
> the east or west panel in the layout?
That's currently not fully supported yet since it has never been
used/tested.  Still, partial work is already done, but it has not been
tested.  You can try <inwindow>false</inwindow> and call the drawWidget
function with a loop in your template.xslt [2].

> 3) If in an accordion panel does it open automatically on edits or is
> there an option to make it open when in edit mode?
It should (that feature is implemented in code, but has never been tested).

> A couple of useful observations that could be added to the doc. (will
> open tickets for all these items).
>
> In the featurepanel_form widget xml:
>
> 1) width is in pixels not characters like in an html form
This is an ExtJS limitation [3].  It's already mentionned that all
properties come from ext.

> 2) you can add to options to get scroll bars on overflow:
>    <autoScroll>true</autoScroll>
Also from ExtJS, but you're right it should be added to the doc.
Please, add to the same ticket as above.  Thanks for the inputs.

Best regards,

[1]
http://www.geoprisma.org/dist/naturaldoc/files2/featurepanel/form/Form-txt.html
[2]