[Geoprisma-users] Any thoughts on a geoprisma lite?

Julien-Samuel Lacroix jlacroix at mapgears.com
Tue Apr 19 15:46:28 EDT 2011

Hi Steve,

What we've done in the past is to use only the proxy of geoprisma
without all the UI component. So we just defined services, datastores
and resources and we pointed to the proxy instead of pointing to the WMS
service.

On 11-04-19 02:20 PM, Stephen Woodbridge wrote:

> 1. Can this be done with geoprisma? How light-weight is it?

The proxy, if you use the Memcached PHP session is fairly light-weight.
I think it's a 30% overhead, but I'm not sure.

> 2. What are your thoughts on doing this as an apache2 module?

We thought about it and it would be great! However it's not a small task
and will probably need some funding to develop it.

> 3. Are you aware of other tools well suited for this?

There's GeoShield, but it's Java running under Tomcat which cancel the
fact that you use a Apache module for mod_geocache. Other than that, I
don't know, I'm sorry.

Hope this helps,

Julien

--