[geos-devel] python.i doesn't exist... why?

Pablo Souza Grigoletti pablogrigoletti at yahoo.com.br
Fri Jun 2 04:17:41 EDT 2006

Hello people,

My name is Pablo, I'm Brazilian.
I'm trying to compile a Python version of GEOS.

To do this I'm using:

- geos-2.2.2
- swig-1.3.29
- Debian GNU/Linux

I did ./configure, make, make install... no problems in this part.
So, geos was installed OK.

So, I had tu use the swig (it's already installed) to do the Python
version. But when I used it, I need the file python.i.

I want to know why the file ruby.i exists and the python.i doesn't?

The following lines on geos.i include this file (python.i):

#ifdef SWIGPYTHON
%include ../python/python.i
#endif

What can I do?