[geos-devel] GEOS 3.1

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Thu Dec 20 18:55:31 EST 2007

Ben's done all his work on VC++ (imagine!) so when he merges in,
trunk will be broken until we clean it up a bit. I think that's a
good enough reason to branch 3.0.  I concur with your concerns about
maintenance, but I don't know how much appetite there is for a
maintained, but semi-stable version versus a relatively static but
stable version. People used 2.2.x for a very long time, just because
it was a known-stable, even though most all the development time was
going into 3.0 at that point.