[geos-devel] Any List of Supported Complilers?

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Thu Jun 14 09:05:40 EDT 2007

Ryan Chang wrote:
> I have searched the list archive for a "official" list of supported
> compilers but failed, so would anybody please give such a list, so that
> we can decide if it is applicable to compile it with Sun Studio10?

AFAIK, there is no official list of compilers.
GEOS is a standard C++ ISO code so general rule is to use not-too-old
C++ compiler.

Personally, I use GCC 4.x and Visual C++ (8.0) 2005.
I can confirm that Visual C++ 6.0 and 7.0 are not supported,
also old GCC won't work.

I don't have any access to Sun platform to test GEOS on it,
but may be you can give more details about what errors you're getting?

Cheers
--
Mateusz Loskot
http://mateusz.loskot.net