[geos-devel] Thread Safe CAPI next steps?

Paul Ramsey pramsey at cleverelephant.ca
Thu Dec 18 00:17:15 EST 2008

Reading through geosTS_c.h,

- The header information hasn't been updated to reflect authorship.
- The version number defines duplicate the info in geos_c.h, and
double the maintenance overhead (there's some number hardcoded there
because of stoopid MSVCC). A shared version header than both files can
include would be better.
- In fact there's gobs of code that is duplicated across both
headers... I really worry about that. This takes "maintaining two
APIs" to unnecessary heights, I feel.
- Can we just drop the _r methods into the same .h file? (This is a
question, not a request, I may be forgetting some aspect of the
original discussion that answers my question.)

P.