[geos-devel] Boost License compatibility

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Wed Apr 8 16:56:41 EDT 2009

Chris Hodgson wrote:
> But don't forget to read:
>
> http://www.fsf.org/licensing/licenses/gpl-faq.html#WhatDoesCompatMean
>

> It seems their definition of compatibility only refers to the ability
> to combine the code, without reference to what license the resulting
> code could possibly be released under.

"It means that the other license and the GNU GPL are compatible; you can
combine code released under the other license with code released
under the GNU GPL in one larger program"

It helps, but not much :-)

It's still unclear if I must release the "larger program" under the
terms of GPL or I can release it under the terms of the "other license"

Best regards,